domingo, 3 de noviembre de 2013

Welcome to Switzerland

Hello everyone!

How are you? I´m so happy here, but I miss you all a lot. Are you being good? Are you learning  as much as you can? I hope so!  As you know, I´m living in Switzerland for one month and a half. In fact, I live in France, in a little town called Ferney Voltaire, but it´s near Geneva , near the Swiss border, at the other  side of Geneva´s airport. The town is named Ferney Voltaire because Ferney was home to French writer and  philosopher Voltaire. His influence on the town was profound and, after the French Revolution, the town was renamed "Ferney-Voltaire" in his honor.


Here is the Swiss Flag. My son Diego says that it is the nurse flag







Here you have Voltaire´s sculpture in Ferney.



Here it´s Voltaire's Chateaux



I took this photo because I think it´s very funny and I want to share it with you. It is a car with big eyelashes and it is usually parked near our home.



This is a building next to my friend Alex'x 

house. In this photo you can see the tram 

wires.

So far, the weather is fine, some days it rains but others are sunny and warm: unbelievable! Probably it will change soon. Everything´s beautiful. The autumn has come and all the trees have marvellous colours. I love it!

As I said, I live near Geneva so we go very often to the city. As you know, Geneva is in Switzerland, it´s the second most populous city in Switzerland (after Zurich). In Switzerland four different languages are spoken: French, Italian, Swiss German and Romansh. Geneva is in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. I always try first speaking English but some people don´t understand English so I have to speak French and that´s so 
difficult for me. You have to know how important for communication learning languages is, please, don´t forget it!Geneva is situated where the Rhone exits Lake Geneva.





Switzerland it´s the country of the clocks, the jet d´eau, the languages... but it also more... In 

the next letter I will introduce you more famous swiss stuff, do you know any?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario